Wednesday, August 17, 2005

fat books & skinny books!

For the past year I haven't done near the varied swaps as I have the past few. Mostly I have done nothing but fat books and skinny books. The fat books are 4x4 in size and I've done them with as many participants as 65 and down to 35. Each person creates an original piece of art to a theme and then copies it the number of times there are people participating and then they are sent on to a hostess who makes covers and binds them together then sends back a wonderful book. They are fabulous!! I currently have 10 fatbooks now, the titles of which are: Blackbirds, Fly With Me, Valentine, Sticks & Stones, Portals, The Sky's the Limit, Winged Things, Circus, Three Little Words, and one done by people who attended ArtFest 2005. I have one I am awaiting to come to me yet, the theme is Anatomy and am currently working on one which will be all on PinUps! The two skinny books are done the same but with different sizes of pages, I have a marvelous one Emmy Tofa hostessed which is called Paint! and the other a delightful mix of collages by some of the art-e-zine crowd. This last I got in on due to a drop and just received it. Shauna Palmer took the reins on this and did such a great job, the cover is wonderful! Of the two pictures posted here all my fat books are arranged on top of the red cabinet and as you can see I'll soon have to find additional places for the new ones! The second pic is of my two skinnies.

No comments: