Saturday, December 10, 2005

{tis the season}



Originally uploaded by blubird.

I am going through a christmas withdrawal - already! This year I am going to Michigan to celebrate, even the boys will meet me up there so there will be no partying here. And since I am putting the house up for sale when I get back home I decided not to decorate :~0 - I'm not even putting up a christmas tree!

This is something I usually spend about a week doing, even in this little house last year it took nearly that long. I have so many decorations they have their own walk-in closet (one thing I am looking very forward to when getting back "up north" is having a basement again)!

Last year it looked pretty gorgeous in here and I took pictures of everything - I feel the undercurrent of discontent over living down here must have alerted my subconscious I would not ever do it again in this space. Of course they will go into the scrapbook/journal I have started of the whole experience - my journey down here, living on my own, etc, etc. (Which is about a year and a half behind in putting together, as usual).

I've been keeping in the christmas mood however by playing nonstop xmas music (something I was only allowed by my family to do starting the day after thanksgiving and made to stop new year's day as it drove everyone else quite nuts) - I think at times I am the only person that just loves the sounds of this music! And I've been making a few more ornaments - this one for a friend in GR, there is a group of us from high school who I have been getting reacquainted with the last couple years who are meeting for dinner one night I am home for the holidays.

2 comments:

firstborn studio said...

hi mary!
i just read your post on my blog about the "sewing" thing! get out! you JUST not to long ago started sewing? your creations and your technique are fabulous...really,mary,i thought that you were born with a bobbin in your hand!
your friend will flip for this piece,it is beautiful!
love u,
d

mary boyer said...

HA - ask Marie how adept I am! For a couple weeks this fall the thread was all screwed up and I didn't know what to do about it - so left it until she came over one sunday and "fixed" it in about 30 seconds! Thanks for your compliments :~)