Thursday, July 20, 2006

summer = art fairs!



Yesterday was a perfect day in my book, art fair time in Ann Arbor! Everything was great - the weather sunny without a cloud in the sky and although very hot, not too humid - enough where a couple fresh-squeezed lemonades and some ice cream was very refreshing and hit the spot when needing a break. And the art - over 1200 artists - pure bliss!! This has evolved over many, many years, there are in fact four major fairs (going back 47 years) which stretch over the campus of the University of Michigan and through the streets of Ann Arbor, merging together into one incredible experience. I haven't been in about five years and saw it from yet a whole different perspective as over the course of those years I have ventured myself into the artistic world. Although I've always been very appreciative and it seems have always purchased it to enjoy on a daily basis I felt another level of awareness in viewing it which made it an even more enjoyable and fulfilling day.

2 comments:

KRCampbellArt said...

Hello-
May I know where in Michigan? I live in Lansing during the week for work and have a house in Ludington. I am a mixed media artist and found your site thru Bernie Berlin's.
kris

mary boyer said...

Grand Rapids, right between both your places (relatively)!