Saturday, October 28, 2006

is this a terrible admission?


I don't want to do halloween. My house is decorated, I love halloween decorating. But I don't feel like going and buying tons of candy, candy I am not even sure will get given out to trick or treaters as I have no clue how many kids would actually come down this street - we have no kids up here excepting one house, and another with a newborn. Because if I do then I will, 1) have wasted all that money on stuff that, 2) I will eat which will, 3) make me fat thus, 4) feel bad for having eaten. But I know I will because I love candy! I am thinking instead of going to Barnes and Noble, doing a bit of perusing and then sitting and having coffee from 6-9pm on tuesday. But, I, for some odd reason do feel guilty, I know how excited my kids always were to do halloween, how excited I was at a young age for that matter, and we were the recipients for many, many years of that kindness and fun, albeit in a different place, state - so it's not as I have particular people to repay the gratitude.

Why do I make things difficult, debating moral decisions with myself (is this exactly an important moral decison - I think in the scheme of things in the state my life and the world in general NOT). So guess I will go to the bookstore.

No comments: