Sunday, February 25, 2007


This so does not resemble any view I have outside my windows today - another wintry blast came through beginning sometime during the night. A good day to snuggle inside and forget about what is out there! I prepared this time - groceries, new coffee, magazines, books, movies, a few new art supplies, nail polishes, etc - so I have all kinds of stuff to cocoon with. So much so I could probably stay in here a good month. (If I were only so lucky wish in that case I could just hibernate until spring '~)

However - taa-dah!! I finally have made a career plan and starting next week will be studying in a dental assistant program until May. I have done alot of soul-searching and experimenting the last nearly four years since my divorce what with moving from Ohio to North Carolina, working at a couple part-time jobs, and when I came back home to Michigan decided to give myself time to really once and for all figure things out - good gawd it is scary never having worked much in 25+ years. This coming week marks my one year anniversary being here (where oh where does the time go??), most things in order as far as I can control, so -- on with the show!

And as I sit here drinking said coffee out of my (still) snowman mug I've been perusing some blogs today and came across this idea of Danny Seo's for storing ribbon. Well, I have much, much (much?!!) more than this which is all in drawers now. Got to thinking, wouldn't one of those retractable clotheslines work great for that purpose? As soon as I can get out of here I'm going to go buy one and try it out. And the possibilities of those empty drawers... simple pleasures, here!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heh heh!! I blogged about his magnificent ribbon storage too! GMTA!

Congrats on your career plans, that's fabulous!

And did you make the ribbon garden above? That is beautiful. Always wished I knew how to do that.