Saturday, February 03, 2007

what's outside my window


I hope I don't bore with all these weather stories. Although I lived in Ohio for 13 years before going to North Carolina (where I heard there was a rare dusting of snow friday), and we had snowy winters, they weren't like this, and I seem to have had a selective memory in what I lived with most of my life! Western Michigan gets lake effect weather, it comes off Lake Michigan, and sometimes with a vengance. Today we are in a blizzard warning, lots of blowing and drifting - imagine freezing cold confectioners sugar blowing around, it is fine and icy and at times, blinding.

But I am all warm and cozy, per my most usual '~), occasionally glancing out the windows to watch the storm. I picked up half a pound of chocolate fudge coffee yesterday at Herman's Boys, a coffee emporium in Rockford, and brewed up a pot this morning I am still working on. I've been making valentines and starting to assemble a mini-scrapbook my sisters and I will attempt to put together on -- sisters -- (mine to be the "prototype"). I'm doing laundry so the dryer humming, have piles of books and magazines to peruse (and OMG, check out this one, Suz did a fabulous job with her new book), stacks of quilts, a warm puppy, two movies from Netflix - and lots of cookies (and can always bake more)! I added a turtleneck under my favorite pjs, have on warm fuzzy socks with my favorite slippers. I will ride out this winter the best way I know how!

No comments: