Wednesday, May 02, 2007


Whoa, it's been a long time since I've blogged - but the end is in sight, I am done with my dental assistant program this saturday!

I am so very proud of my friend Catherine that I had to take a minute to brag her up! She was one of my dear friends in Charlotte, and if you go to the archives (sorry I don't even have time to look up the exact date) from February 2006 you will find where we went to her photography exhibit at Winthrop University just prior to my move back to Michigan. And now she will be having her photographs featured in an event this coming Monday that is being hosted by Cokie Roberts entitled, Mothering Across Continents: Care and Compassion for AIDS Orphans in South Africa. Catherine came to the US from South Africa, this is a very special cause to her. You can go see what it's all about at www.motheringacrosscontinents.org.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on finishing your course. Isn't it wonderful to see Cathy's photos getting such great exposure and for such a good cause.
xoxo
Marie

random notes said...

I just got to your blog after reading Marie's blog and saw your name. You had visited my shop in Saluda NC, Random Arts and I know that you did samples for Marie. Now, you are back in Michigan? Yes, I will say a little prayer that your snow melts fast... really fast. Now that I have your blog bookmarked I will go back to it from time to time and check in. Congrats on finishing your course.
Jane at Random Arts -

mary boyer said...

thanks both of you, I appreciate it. Divorce not easy and my life 180* from what I had ever thought it would be at this stage of my life. I am developing character - I keep telling myself. Good to be back "home" after 15 years with family, the weather another story altogether, but I lived through the winter, with all the shoveling something I questioned I'd survive! xo Mary