Thursday, July 26, 2007

3 things


Three things I am crazy about: stones, shells, & books. These two clever books are so adorable and artistic, with simple sweet stories. I can certainly relate to the message of infatuation, who doesn't come home from the lake or ocean (and bookstore!) with as much as you can carry - well, I do! The stones in this picture were picked up along Lake Superior this past fall, the shells, some of them from Sanibel I know, the little tan one in the forefront of the pile had a hole in it when I found it way, way back when (high school) so it seemed perfect worn on a chain, which I did sometimes in the summer. As for the books, they are written by a very talented Tracy Gallup and picked up at B&N, one a month or so ago, the other today. Simple, simple pleasures, just the best.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

(Oops - posted in the wrong spot! Sorry!)

Simple pleasures, indeed!!! :) I loved your picture. These books are awesome and so unique...it is wonderful to hear other people's comments on them, like yours. The next two books in Ms. Gallup’s series are coming out at the end of Sept./early Oct.: Tree Crazy and Snow Crazy. They are also planning a line of dolls based on the books – coming in 2008!

Anonymous said...

Dear Mary,
Suprise! These books are adorable. I am going to add them to my never ending amazon book wish list.
It is nice you are getting a handsome artist nephew in law. Congrads!
My new news is I am a grandmother. YOu know I have 4 boys and now I have a Lilly.
Rhonda Scott