Sunday, September 04, 2005



Originally uploaded by blubird.

I really, really do not like sewing machines - when something goes wrong I just do not have the capability of "fixing" it. This has always been my frustration with them being I am just not a mechanical-minded person. I was breezing along and suddenly it got all botched up, I think it is the bobbin thread but although I have put it back in and out and rethread the entire machine it still is doing the same, something is just not right with the tension or such. So there it will now sit, useless to me because I don't have a clue what else to try! When there are no problems I actually start to think I like sewing!

Anyway - I did this just randomly pulling bits and pieces of fabric from my stash. The picture of Ernie I took the other day and have made it into a little pocket where I'll hide a little something. I obviously can't add too many more embellishments until I can sew and finish off the sides (couldn't resist at least one little button tho to see how it would look - my god I am impatient! The tag I found inside an old linen blouse I bought at Goodwill because I liked the buttons - which I hope to use a few of on this piece, they are green with a metal center, very cool - and it was a bonus to find the tag with those words on it when I was removing them. And so true of a puppy - today I watched him chase a butterfly - pure joy!!

No comments: