Saturday, September 03, 2005



Originally uploaded by blubird.

Today I venture out for some groceries and essentials. I haven't driven since thursday as all the gas stations in this vicinity were out of all gas except for diesel by noon that day. Even I have nearly 3/4 of a tank I have felt the need to conserve and stick close to home. From newspaper reports it's hard to tell exactly when the supply will be replenished as there are many conflicting stories. Given what I see by obsessively watching tv of the devastation in New Orleans and the entire gulf region affected by the hurricane I have not felt this to be a any hardship for me at this time whatsoever. Yet this, as well as so much of what I have seen, makes me angry our government does not seem to have either control nor a grip on what Americans are dealing with on a day to day basis. My heart is breaking for all those affected so extremely by the hurricane, they are all in my prayers.

No comments: