Monday, October 03, 2005



Originally uploaded by blubird.

Went to a huge fabric warehouse/outlet in Gastonia, NC, on friday to add to my stash. In addition to the overwhelming amount of bolts and rolls of fabrics they also have bags stuffed with odds and ends you can pick up for $1 both in remnants and trims. After spending a few hours saturday afternoon sorting my growing inventory and watching Michigan beat State (yeah!), yesterday I made the halloween quilty pictured out of some of the fabrics and a piece of black tassel trim I got there. (And as always my buttons)!

I also dug out the sewing box my sisters had saved for me which belonged to my mom (I had asked them to save the button box which actually was a piece of furniture filled with buttons I used to have fun playing with as a girl - but they thought it ugly and didn't imagine I'd want it :~( I only hope in the estate sale it went to someone who treasures it). The box I do have is a big wooden wine box filled with threads and bobbins and odds and ends. One of the last times I visited before she got sick she was sorting this box out at the kitchen table when I arrived and we sat and talked while she finished up. I treasure this as the memories now make it priceless.

Anyway, I am organized and ready to sew up a storm, and am feeling more confident the more I use the sewing machine. Want to try some new stitches soon as this machine has quite the plethora.

1 comment:

MizCarla said...

wow look at you go girlie. Love the halloween quilty, and am so proud of you for sewing. woo hoo!!!

hope all is well
xoxs
Carla