Friday, November 11, 2005



Originally uploaded by blubird.

Today I am going to catch up on reading - bought SON OF A WITCH a few weeks ago and haven't yet cracked the spine - I thought I'd quickly re-read WICKED first but find it is missing from the bookshelf so that idea is out. Also have piles of magazines, art books and zines I've acquired over the last month. One month's worth here equates to ALOT of "can't miss" reading material and this could actually keep me busy for my entire four-day weekend. That's not going to happen but for today I have to wait on repairmen to come and fix a ceiling problem in my studio/office so it gives me permission to fritz the day away in this fashion. I have alot of art brewing in my mind but until they are out of here I have to hold those thoughts.

I've been so stressed the last five years or more I rarely slept more than four or five hours a night. I was never tired and could just wake up and do something as if I'd never been sleeping. Things dramatically changed this summer - I find myself very tired towards evening and fall asleep almost immediately if I even think of a prone position! At first I blamed it on the 5am wake-up I do on my work days but this is happening every single day now. I finally realized it could be the blood pressure medication I was put on - and sure enough in reading of the side effects it states as one of them "excessive tiredness". I don't like this at all and since I also have what seems to be boiling blood at times I think I am going to check if there is something else I can try. This has definitely lowered the BP, and quickly, but it is also altering my life-style, such that it is, and I really am not into sleeping every spare minute to say the least.

No comments: