Sunday, November 13, 2005



Originally uploaded by blubird.

What's your pleasure?!

There is no doubt I am addicted to books and magazines. This represents the purchases of yesterday/today. I absolutely cannot go into a store and skip the book or at least magazine aisle if it has one. Yesterday it was a stop at B&N and a run into Walmart. And I had good intentions going into Michael's with my veteran's day 50% off coupon, but the shadow box I wanted was already on sale so bought the Vintage Christmas book. Today I had to go into Target (Billy Crystal, Joan Didion and Nate Berkus - that a no brainer, he's cute and a great decorator as well '~). One of the magazines arrived in the mail (subscriptions, subscriptions) and Amazon came through with another. And no, I have not gotten through the pile I started in on friday!

My "routine" is to glance through them and then save them for a more thorough perusal after getting into pj's and into bed. I still need a queen size bed even I sleep alone, LOL!!

I used to (prior to the days of Amazon) keep a little notebook in my purse specifically filled with titles of books to check out. Should have stuck with that system because now they are written on all kinds of slips of paper with the intent to get them upstairs near the computer. I can keep some of them in my mind, but these days, as I approach another birthday, I find the ole memory ain't what it used to be!

No comments: