Saturday, August 26, 2006

positive thinking


My sister, Cathy, starts back to school next week, her second year at GVSU; she hopes to become a radiation therapist. This term she has to take a cadaver lab, needless to say, she is a bit (?!*@!!) freaked. We are planning to go out for hamburgers before tuesday as she thinks this may be the last time in her life she will want to eat meat. I give her all the credit in the world for going back to college in her 40's, I know it has been stressful. I'm going to further toot her horn and reveal she passed her anatomy exam in June with the highest mark in her class, and this a pre-med course that is failed often the first time around, and to do so when it is taken as at an accelerated pace during a summer session - wowza!! As I've watched and listened to her over the last year I have pretty much come to the conclusion I don't believe I'd be able to do it, some of the old brain cells have just evaporated by this time in my life. I made her a little something this afternoon to hang in her car to remind her that, yes, she can do this! The power of positive thinking!

No comments: