Friday, August 26, 2005

I did get a little bit of art done over the weekend and am plugging away at getting my pages done for the PINUP fat book which is being hosted by Rebecca Zuniga (and which I predict will be ultra-cool as she has such a fabulous artistic bent AND promises the books to be hardback which is greatly intriguing)! I am getting these ready to mail any minute to Texas!

However I am at an of course they changed things just as I got the hang of this point with this blog. Seems Flickr now is under the control of YAHOO as of this week and to upload a picture takes forever and a day. Why oh why do they screw everything they touch up?!?!?! Here is what is posted on the page as you wait, and wait and wait.... When a lot of people are uploading photos all at once, you may have to wait a little while before the photos you are currently uploading appear on Flickr. THeir view on what "a little while" and what my perception of same is is vastly different I'll tell you that much. So, we will wait...........

On a good note - it is wonderfully, blessedly, fantastically, blissfully COOL this morning!!!! I seem to be whining incessantly about this heat down here in NC this summer but I want to add for the record I am not the only one - LOL! Native north carolinians (of which I come across a few although have come to the conclusion that most people that live in my neck of the woods [and the general meeting place being the grocery store where I work part-time] are either from New York, New Jersey, or Ohio) have had enough, period! But this morning when I first went out around 5am with Ernie it had to have been in the 60's - absolutely heavenly. I actually drank coffee outside today, something I have missed doing since about April. I have alot of bluebirds and it has always been a pleasure to sit out there and watch them wake up in the mornings. During the hot summer months they aren't as visible except right before one of the million and one thunderstorms we have had in the late afternoons. Truthfully - although we don't have to deal with adverse driving conditions, I feel I have just survived the equivalent of an Ohio/Michigan winter and just now emerging into a soothing spring, in this case of course autumn. The other day on the news the weather reporter predicted this to happen later in the week and it was suggested we start digging out the sweaters. This is a different world in many ways.

OK, still no picture ready, I am aborting this uploading process for this morning. Maybe will have to find an alternative as this doesn't seem to be doing the trick any longer.


2 comments:

firstborn studio said...

Hi mary!
you must upload PICASA...it is fabulous for uploading pics and easy to ues....i think it is a google thing...see if you can find it! lmk

Lost Aussie said...

Yep, if Flikr is not any good any more Picasa will work just fine. It does belong to Google as Denise said. It is also a great programme for browsing photos and ANY pictures that live on your computer.
(what the devil with Yahoo and Flikr? - as you said, why do they have to get and mess with every darned good thing?)
xoxo