Thursday, August 18, 2005

This has been an odd summer for me, for one thing it is hotter than anything I've ever experienced (although this is my second summer in NC I am told last year's was the coolest in over a decade - I however, felt it hotter than any of Ohio's or Michigan's obviously, but nothing compared to this). Lots of thunderstorms in the afternoons, reminds me almost of the tropics - of course without all the benefits! I've been taking medications which caution being in the sun and truthfully it's been so unbearable anyway I haven't even wanted to go to the pool, and there are four in my development I can use. I have spent alot of time outdoors what with housebreaking this puppy but am thankful to have a covered porch so always have shade, for what that's worth. But no tan :~( which I guess as I've never gone without one in close to every single year I've been alive (and there are many!) it can't be a bad thing to take a break. I do miss Lake Michigan!! Here are pictures of me with my mom and dad, respectively, at what looks like Grand Haven in 1959.

No comments: