Friday, February 03, 2006

friday!



Originally uploaded by blubird.

The day started dark and gloomy, it having rained all during the night and my internet connection was out for a few hours - not the best start to a day. But by the time I got my act together to run some errands the sun had come out and it got to a gorgeous 65 degrees. Ernie and I enjoyed a nice walk this afternoon.

I had an urge last night to make a button bracelet and thought I should have beads on it. Of course they are all in a box - and there are nearly 100 of them out on the landing and stacked in this room full of art "necessities"! There is no way I am starting to break into these so found myself today at AC Moore. I knew knew knew this would happen and I would not be able to stand having all my stuff packed away!

So tonight, after doing a little sewing, I've been sorting through and washing buttons. (I had decided to leave the sewing machine and things out until the end as I can easily do a piece in the evenings to relax myself after a day of packing so that stuff will be done last minute, along with the computer). Feeling a bit tired now so will fit this project in tomorrow after boxing up another room or two.

I'm reading a very good book, one I found on the shelf I had never read - The Secret History by Donna Tartt. Can't imagine why I never got to this, it is so good and I've had it for years. Also picked up Somerset Weddings 2 today. Not that I'm ever getting married again I can ever forsee but these are my colors, the creams and golds and pinks, along with all the hearts and romance - just beautiful. And with my house being dismantled and starting to echo I need beauty in a big way now. Think I'm going to get into jammies~

No comments: