Friday, February 24, 2006

Made it to Michigan yesterday in very good time, twelve hours with a puppy - I was quite impressed with us both! The first time we stopped to potty ourselves it was a twenty minute stop (and this after only an hour on the road), at that rate I felt it would probably take us until March to get here. Mr. Ernie tends to have what I equate to my own irritable bowel when excited so when I went to pick him up from the vet where he was being boarded for a few days prior to the moving van and all I had to wait and we were late by about an hour getting started on our adventure while he had an emergency bath and some medication - not the best start to our morning! He's never had a pill before and the vet told me to give him another about 5pm - I thought RIGHT, in a car stuffed to the gills, I am to try stuffing a pill down a squirmy puppy's throat?! Needless to say, I waited and he was fine anyway, had calmed down and slept much after awhile. And he seems to love my sister Cathy, I came back home and they were taking a nap, he curled right at her side on her bed - and barely raised his head to look at me! It must be kind of a strange thing for him, I have heard my voice on video and such and it sounds just like her, wonder what he thinks?!

The house closing today went well, had to sign about 50 papers and give a pint of blood (I'm sure I don't know why this really didn't happen as they require everything else) - and I am now a new homeowner!! I went directly over there then and checked it out - last time I saw the house just before christmas when I decided to buy they hadn't yet laid the carpet, put in sinks or toilets or mirrors, hardware on cabinets - so it was very exciting to see it completed! We are (me and family) going to paint my bedroom and master bath tomorrow a nice sunny yellow as I felt the gray that was in there was too much like the sky here nine months of the year, and then my stuff will arrive via moving van on tuesday.

Everything going like clockwork and too well - I am almost holding my breath waiting for that other shoe to drop as this isn't the way my life has been transpiring the last few-plus years. Maybe my luck is turning! Although I did have to stop on the way back over here to buy a snow shovel, I am going to remain optimistic there will be no blizzards until wednesday at the earliest!!

No comments: