Tuesday, March 07, 2006

we aren't in "kansas" anymore! (and it's good to be back home)



Originally uploaded by blubird
Ernie and I are here in Michigan, truly a "winter wonderland" (only isn't it almost time for spring?!!). His favorite treat is an ice cube, when we got out of the car at my sister's house he acted as if he was in paradise, running and eating all his little tummy could hold of the snow covering the ground! He continues doing this and is going to be pretty surprised as it is starting to melt and we are to have warmer temperatures and rain by week's end.

Moving is an experience I hope not to have again for a very long, long time. Things went well all things considered with a few minor glitches here and there, but there are just so many details to attend to in getting a life in order in a new place. I believe it is finally catching up to me, last night I slept for ~twelve~ hours, absolutely unheard of in my life - but oh, it felt great!

I am now back in the 21st century as yesterday was a busy one - appliances were delivered, a mailbox installed, although still somewhat temporary as the ground is too frozen yet to do it properly, so I could have mail delivered to the new house (why can the mailman come to the door, ring the doorbell and tell me I have mail accumulating but cannot give it to me until he can put it in a box at the end of the driveway - truly a government agency, is it not??), I got cable tv and my internet access and was able to put my computer together and get it up and running this afternoon - quite proud of myself for this as two years ago when I moved things didn't fare quite so well in this area (and I have a mere 337 email messages to peruse). And I shoveled about six inches of snow at 6:30 yesterday morning - not warm yet. OH, it's great to be HOME (really, it is)!!

No comments: