Sunday, March 19, 2006

glasses


My new specs, transitional lenses, getting used to them makes me feel the ground is rising up too fast, what I probably have looked like all day is drunk! This self-portrait doesn't show the whopping headache I've gotten wearing them since picking them up this morning (nor the bruise which is developing due to my plugging in the iron and whacking the side of my head on a cd cabinet - but that's another story). In addition to being able to see much better, I hope it will help to minimize or slow down the progression of those deep squinty wrinkles between my eyes I have acquired as a result of this diminishing eye sight. Turning 40 my eyes began to deteriorate, I have a couple years before hitting the next decade marker, wonder what will be next?!!

2 comments:

MizCarla said...

awwww seeing your pretty face makes me miss you more :( I'm so glad you got moved in and are now making the place pretty and totally Mary. I love the quilt you chose for your bedroom, and red sofa---so sweeeeeet!

xoxos
Carla

mary boyer said...

miss you too Carla,isn't moving fun?!! Keeping me very busy getting things in order, likewise?!! What is that red/pink (ok, not wearing the glasses right now!) chair I see pictured? Very cool.