Tuesday, March 21, 2006

the itch

It has been waaay tooo long since I have had the opportunity to make art and I am starting to feel the itch in a very big way. Maybe it has something to do with the fact I spent the weekend trying to come up with an idea for some twenty bridal shower giftees as "the aunts" are giving a shower this coming sunday for my nephew's fiance'. After some trial and error I decorated some votive candle cups which I finished this (past, is it really nearly 4am??) evening, wish I had a picture to share with this post but the camera battery died and I have to find the charger tomorrow somewhere amongst this chaos. They did turn out cute, her color for the wedding is hot pink and they sure look springy and fun with the ribbon I found, a few patterns of the pink. I added a button (surprised?!), a bead, some lettering. I guess it has gotten to the point I am looking to create in unexpected ways - that bruise on the side of my head/face I mentioned the other night? It has turned into a black eye for god's sakes. Not really black and blue but the most interesting shades of black, yellow, brown I have worn in a very long time! Magnify this behind my new glasses, and it really is something to see. Wish I had a better story to share - I fought off a boogey man or something - but I clunked myself quite hard on the edge of a cd cabinet as I was bending down to plug in the iron saturday morning. Note - things are in different places here, watch what you are doing or you are going to hurt yourself repeatedly! I am excited, tomorrow (make that today) Luke is coming for a short visit as he is on spring break. We will do a little heavy lifting together (move this desk which weighs an estimated gazillion pounds, and the bookshelves) so I will be able to start unpacking the art supplies by weeks' end - hurray!! I am sure we also will EAT, as that is a favorite passion of this nearly 23 year old's, and probably snuggle in and watch some March madness basketball and a movie or two (complete with snacks)! He hasn't lived in Grand Rapids since he was in the third grade, and although we've visited many times we were always very busy with family activities so he is also wanting to do some exploring. Alot to cram into a short time period but that's what we've always done, and I miss these boys and all the action which was our way of life.

2 comments:

Lost Aussie said...

Have a lovely time with Luke.
Miss you!
xoxo

katie said...

I love the name luke - i hope you both have a grand time together!
hugs!