Monday, May 29, 2006

jinxed?!!


My air conditioner was not working. New house, not unexpected, at least not for me as I believe I may just be jinxed as far as these contraptions go. Last year, the only two days it hit 100 degrees in Charlotte - yep, it went out. When we first moved to Ohio, I thought I might have been coming down with the flu, until I realized it was putting out heat instead of cool air that day. Both of these were brand new units as is this one. Friday we'd gone to the cemetery and cleaned things up a bit, took inventory of what we thought we'd need. Yesterday then Cathy and I went to a garden center, bought lily of the valley and day lilies (perennials, girls) then went back out and planted. Whew, it was 91 degrees (now, holiday weekend, us in the middle of nowhere at a little country cemetery sitting in the dirt and sweating - what happened to the days we were at the beach at Lake Michigan for the duration of any summer holiday?!! Two divorced women - who got laughing hysterically at how pathetic our lives have become. Sure mom and Karen were laughing along with us!). Looked forward to getting home to my nice cool house. What the - despite the fact I'd closed everything up and turned on the air, it was 80 degrees in here. And it a holiday. Oh ye (me) of little faith! Repairman just here and fixed the misfiring wire - I should be cool as that proverbial cucumber in a couple hours '~)

No comments: