Monday, May 08, 2006

nothing so fine as the days of spring


I've spent the last few days so sick and feverish, have been alternating between slugging nyquil and sleeping and interviewing and gathering quotes for the next round of things to be done to the house.

But these days have been marvelous, 70 degrees and sunny, something the weather forecasters are reminding me do not happen often in succession in the month of May here in Michigan. Since the things that are needing attention at this point are those which will be done outside - some painting, gutter installation, underground sprinkling, putting in a lawn, landscaping - I have had no choice but to be outside and inadvertently was able to enjoy a bit of it despite this miserable cold. Thus as the landscaper and I walked my little piece of property on saturday we found black morel mushrooms growing in abundance in a couple of the woody areas! Since I can barely breathe let alone taste, they have gone into the freezer in anticipation of a time in the not too distant future when I can make a meal with these delicacies, possibly accompanied by a nice grilled steak and some baby lettuces to be eaten out on the deck. SPRING, gotta LOVE it!!

1 comment:

Lost Aussie said...

getwell soon kiddo.
smooches
me