Thursday, May 11, 2006

road trip


I left for Columbus early tuesday morning where I was to meet Luke to celebrate his birthday, it's about a five hour drive for me and something like an hour and a half from where he lives in Athens (and the poor kid had a tire blow out on the way). We met at Easton Place and had a great lunch at the CheeseCake Factory - although neither of us able to fit the cheesecake in!! It was a sunny and warm afternoon, we strolled around and did a bit of shopping afterward. We seem to have a tradition of buying music if we can find it and we did - bought vintage for us both, Grateful Dead for him, Neil Young for myself. Also made sure he was equipped for the upcoming wedding next month, haven't been shopping for "dress up" clothes with him since high school, and he is coming up on his five year reunion this summer!

Given I have this cold (I keep thinking it has peaked but it's still hanging on and I daresay it stays with me much longer I am going to have to seek out a doctor) I opted to stay the night then headed home late morning yesterday after a very restless night. There is a HUGE antique mall about a third of the way home where I stopped and spent nearly four hours, and still didn't see everything - a great diversion and rest stop! Brought home some buttons (of course), old lace and fabrics, printers type - and I don't remember what all, they come by periodically and clean out your basket and put it in a bin up front and as all my stuff was "for keeps", it was packaged and ready to go (in quite a large box - yikes) when I checked out of there - dangerous business, but will be fun to unpack later today!!!

Traffic was bad coming home, and the rains started when I got to Toledo, it is predicted to keep up for the next week. Good sleeping weather I guess, hope I can get feeling better!! Unfortunately I forgot the camera, it was waiting for me on the kitchen counter, sitting in the charger where I put it so to have it ready - darn it.

1 comment:

katie said...

your road trip sounded fun...being with your boy and spending 4 hours collecting treasures - i wish i could see all the goodies you found! i'm sorry your cold is hanging on, hope you feel better soon! i'm going to be catching up by email with you soon...