Sunday, December 03, 2006

it's beginning to look alot like christmas...

This is an old window frame made over with a couple brackets and a shelf. I'd bought it years ago now ~ in another life time, literally ~ and is the first I've hung it as my house was for sale when I acquired it, and there never really was a place for it in the subsequent one I bought in NC. But the other day I dug it out of the basement as I was inspired to hang it over my red couch - because I'm in holiday decorating mode! For most of the weekend I've been having fun, played christmas carols, there was snow softly falling outside, a frenzy of activity as boxes were opened and favorite & beloved things discovered all over again. Last year I was up here looking to buy a house (this house!) and then had to bypass any holiday decorating as I needed to then get ready to sell one, so it's been awhile since I've seen these things - family mementos, old things that have been passed down, traditions upheld and new ones formed; a comforting time of year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a darling picture! Love the cake plate, too.
Happy Birthday to you ...