Friday, December 01, 2006

{retro}

Well, today's the day I turn, gulp, {49}; this obviously a vintage photo! I now have this cake plate, it is tourquoise - very retro cool right now. Guess that's how I will think of myself on this, the last year of my 40's - retro (as opposed to just plain old)!
We are beginning (I can hear on the windows) to get the first sleet/ice/snow storm of the season which will most likely curtail any celebrating I do - we're predicted to get anywhere from 6 to 12 inches of snow with ice underneath - just a mess and not a time to be out and about. Flights are already cancelled into and out of Chicago so I'll be spending it by myself as even driving across town for the breakfast with my family that was planned just isn't going to happen. I have had a serious headache all week which just laid me out flat so will concentrate on getting the house decorated for the holidays as all my good intentions to do it earlier in the week were derailed, will play christmas carols, and most likely romp in the snow with my shovel. Yee-ha.

1 comment:

firstborn studio said...

dearest mary,
a verrrry happy belated birthday to you my friend!
it seems that along with my temporary sanity loss,i have also misplaced your new address...would you please e-mail it to me dmklombardozzi63304@yahoo.com
love you!
d