Thursday, January 26, 2006

! ! ! ! ! !

As seems fitting in the ridiculously absurd turn my life has taken the last couple years, yesterday was my last day of work - and I didn't even realize until my friend Pam mentioned the possibility. I'd given feb 1st as my effective date of resignation and I've had so much on my mind it didn't occur to me that date was coming up next wednesday already, guess I had the thought there still was a week to go. Of course this is what I'd been looking forward to but I didn't even get to celebrate while there the fact I would not be coming back, nor say goodbye to a few people, be a total slacker on that last day (right). When I went in to get my check just a bit ago (because I only worked one day this week that being yesterday) and inquired, sure enough I was told I'd be spared working next tuesday (actually all hours had been cut due to the fact business is very slow so per usual this worked to their advantage, I am sure it wasn't actually done for my benefit alone by any stretch of the imagination). But, YEAH - that mundane and tedious job is now a part of my history, I am very glad to say.

No comments: