Monday, January 09, 2006

a good day



Originally uploaded by blubird.

I saw this book when I was christmas shopping and picked it up this weekend on one of my shopping forays when the house was being shown. I started reading it late this afternoon, I'm enjoying it immensely, seems to speak to the nesting/maternal instinct in me. Lots of things in there that will never happen in my life - I am not moving to a farm, LOL - but as well much which can be applied to make mine a simpler and more healthy and rewarding life. A kind of back to basics lifestyle in this crazy world. I've just gotten to the section titled, Stitching Room, and am looking forward to picking up some tips to apply to my latest passion. There are absolutely gorgeous photos and some mouth-watering recipes which are even making me crave jello! A fun read.

Kind of a melancholy day - Marie and I got together for coffee this morning which most likely signifies our last time doing so here in Charlotte. She is heading back to Australia to get the boys back to school by week's end and will not be back until just about the exact time I should be moving mid-february. She, too, will be moving from here when she returns - we both are very very happy (to say the least) for each other to be moving on from this godforsaken place but I will miss her very much. However, as I feel I am going back to the land of the living and gaining more energy and zest for life once again (as she too related) I have a good feeling we will see each other still a few times a year. I don't know how I could have survived being here without her friendship and support - I think we have come to the conclusion we had to have this time in our lives to meet. A lifelong friend - I love ya Marie!!

No comments: