Monday, January 02, 2006

in the here and now



Originally uploaded by blubird.

My first artistic endeavor of the new year.

I usually never make new year's resolutions, I find them self-defeating as I rarely follow through for any extended period of time. Yet I'd like to take my passion and resolve in this new year to work on art every day, regardless if it is 5 minutes or I get lost in hours of creative pursuit. However, with my impending move that may prove unrealistic - for a couple months anyway. What I can do is at the least read a magazine article or a portion of one of my growing library of art books to keep me inspired and add to the list of techinques I want to try or ideas I want to incorporate into my own artistic vision.

All this was easy to do, something in fact I felt driven to do, before I started working. Even I work only part-time I've found the stress of it, the tiredness, etc leaves me sometimes with very little energy except on my days off (welcome to the REAL world, LOL)! I do believe a large part of this though has had to do with my living situation and I have taken that bull by the horns so to speak - I have bought a new house and the current one is now up for sale. Progress, after alot of indecision and depression.

Moving forward in 2006!!!

2 comments:

firstborn studio said...

you are an inspiration!!!!!
i love your outlook,mary and this fabric art is amazing!!!
xooxo,
d

mary boyer said...

thank you Denise, you are truly a sweet, wonderful and supportive friend - a true treasure!!

xoxo Mary