Saturday, January 27, 2007

banana pudding


One of the things I brought back from North Carolina with me is an immense appreciation for banana pudding! It is comfort food at its finest as far as I am concerned, one of those dishes made often in the south. Wanda, one of the women who worked in the deli at the store where I worked, made alot of her down-home favorite recipes each day (thus earning what I believe to be the title of best grocery store deli ever), and knowing I lived alone was always urging them on me to either eat there for lunch or take home for dinner - or both! Incredulous I'd never had this before she'd given me a taste, it took about one spoonful of this and I truly believe I acquired a life-long addiction '~) It is such a southern tradition, Blue Belle ice cream makes a banana pudding flavor that is absolutely the best ice cream on earth - and we can't get it up north here (most likely a blessing in disguise for my waist line, their vanilla also the best in the universe - and when used in a root beer float!?!**).

So, imagine my delight today when I found the lastest Southern Living magazine in my mailbox with a recipe for a banana pudding pie in it - wowza, this something I have an immediate urge to make! However, given I do live alone and have not an ounce of doubt I'd eat the entire thing, am wondering if anyone wants to invite me to a super bowl party so I can whip up a couple to take along?!

No comments: