Tuesday, January 23, 2007

cookies


What's my favorite food group? COOKIES. My friend Deb came over this afternoon and brought cookies for me, and we all know - I love cookies! These are scrumptious (do you see the bites out of one of them), a new favorite - chocolate chip with walnuts, and dried cherries, yummy. We went out for a very l o n g lunch, time just got away from us. And what are the chances, when we got back to my house the phone would ring and it would be our very dear friend Janet, calling from Shreveport, LA?!! A very good day.

3 comments:

katie said...

hi mary,
i totally relate about the cookies thing....yummy!! you are so lucky to have girl friends to go out to lunch with (and a sister nearby). I have to watch my ego very closely or I'd find myself envious :-) when is your birthday? (please write me back and let me know, i don't want to miss it) i know we both turn -- this year. maybe sometime i can come visit you, that would be so fun...i can dream. miss you. xox

mary boyer said...

Hi katie!! I must say, I am indeed blessed with an abundance of friends here, and it is absolutely wonderful to be able to spend time with so many loving and caring women. I can't tell you the energy coming back to me, and how I am thriving in this community by living here once again.

Yeah, this is our BIG year!! Alot of my friends starting to celebrate this monumentous birthday, I however won't get there until next December 1st - I was the baby of our class (and literally teased as such by a certain boy I had to sit behind {catholic schools and alphabetical seating charts} all the way up until I got my drivers license in high school where he had the entire class stand and applaud as I got to school late that day, the brat!!) Well, I get the last laugh now, huh?!! ((hugs)) to you, Mary

Anonymous said...

speaking of cookies--you need to nab you a girl-scout honey...it's THAT time again :D woo hoo