Friday, January 26, 2007


I am participating in the Oh-So-Charming Art-e-Zine Exchange, this picture (courtesy of Dawn Sellers, hostess of swap) is one of the 35 charms I made. I'd bought a couple sets of these teeny tiny (they are under an inch in size, photo certainly deceiving) stencils at least a year or two now, if I recall they are made by Making Memories and found with scrapbooking supplies at Michaels or such. For this project I rusted, stamped, and glazed them, then added beads and wire for hanging. There are over 70 participants in this fun exchange, I will get 35 back for the 35 I sent to her. This is a huge undertaking on her part, not only in organizing and swapping them out but in maintaining the blog, my hat is off to her!

After I receive them I am thinking I will put them onto a bracelet which can also be turned into a necklace as you can find, from another swap done (of which I was not involved) earlier last year - if you scroll down you will find Deryn Mentock did a great job of making this piece so versatile.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this, Mary! I'm in this swap, too. These charm swaps are becoming addictive for me! :)

mary boyer said...

Yes, they are! I also just did the AE valentine charm swap - you, too?!!