Tuesday, April 11, 2006

fun mail day


I have met the nicest people through my art, and one of them is Lisa Guerin! She and I emailed a few times last week after I saw her work in the new Somerset publication, Haute Handbags, as I wanted to congratulate her on being published - and not just with one project, but two, the second of which she made some fab bags out of old blue jeans - see cover instructing you to turn to page 108! She is so talented, and the sweetest and coolest girl you'd ever want to meet! I missed seeing her this year as I have the past two when at ArtFest, being that I knew I'd be moving I could not sign up to attend this year. Well, today I received in the mail a huge packet of collage supplies and ephemera from her, Artfest goodies she'd put together as trades. Did I mention she is also one of the kindest, most thoughtful of people I know?! Think I'll be hitting the posts office with a little something for her, too.

No comments: