Saturday, April 08, 2006

getting in the groove


Did a little painting and sewing today, just messing around trying to get back into the groove. The photograph on this piece was in the album I picked up last saturday. That spunky young lady who put it together had it captioned, "some people will do anything to get their picture taken". Again, it makes me wonder who it was, what she was doing, why?? I see it as being a prisoner to body image. Therefore my background piece the colors and swirls of emotion that takes us on each and every day.

2 comments:

firstborn studio said...

hi mary!
oh my this is a wonderous piece,i love the stitching and letters and the image...mostly i love that stitching though...groovey!
hope you are well...i really need to catch up with you one of these days!
love you,
d

Lost Aussie said...

glad you are getting back to the artface and revving up your sewing machine, and not just for cushions...
Miss you too
xoxoox
marie