Thursday, April 06, 2006

happy day


Today was the first ice cream cone of the season day, a celebration of a partly sunny, mild day here in western michigan. Went out a bit, am in search of a chair for my dressing table as the upholstered one I've had does not go with the new look, wanting something old and well-loved. I'll know it when I see it, as of yet I have not but the hunt is fun! Today yielded a few small treasures, an easter postcard, some buttons and a felted purse. This last found at an art gallery, the woman who owns it does fused glass and the building houses her studio as well. Has an open studio on wednesday evenings, no experience required, I think I will give this a try very soon as she had some fun pieces from last night to show me which just had come out of the kiln. Also there is a possiblilty I can take a lampwork bead class the first weekend in May but have to double-check the date as I might have a conflict with it. I've fired up the sewing machine here, making two pillows, half way there. A nice, relaxing day.

No comments: