Friday, June 09, 2006

frustration



I hate being incompetent. I had Luke hook up the DVD players on two tv's last weekend and I guess should have had him prove out they worked or showed me how so I could actually watch a movie - because I can't get either one to let me do so. There's power and on one I can even hear the movie but can't get the picture on either - and yet these are the same players I've had and used at the other house, could it have something to do with the cable box? I actually doubt that as it doesn't plug into it and what am I saying, I had one in Charlotte and it/they worked fine. Who do you call when you are an idiot and cannot even work these basic machines?!! How did I get them to work before? I'm losing my mind, something I cannot afford to do as at this age I need all the brain cells I can hold on to.

I feel very frustrated, don't think I am cut out to be a single woman, I am so ill-equipped to function in this world very well at all and it's just not fun. Weekends are not what they used to be, that's for sure. Friday night, 11pm, guess I'll go to bed.

2 comments:

Lost Aussie said...

Hang in there..it will be some simple stupid switch!!
Thanks for the postcard, it arrived today and put the toes into context perfectly!
xoxo
Marie

mary boyer said...

Crisis over, why I let the little things get to me so much - I don't know. I'm better at handling things than before, but think I have a long way to go to become "independant" - or at least dependant and confident in just myself!