Tuesday, June 13, 2006

{fuN}


I got a fun package in the mail yesterday from fellow bibliophile and art buddy, Mary Walmer, who also ~conveniently~ owns a stamp store called Morning Sun Studio. I had ordered two sets of clear stamps from Autumn Leaves, both done by Rhonna Farrer - the Nature and Flourishes sets. I am all over birds these days, probably as with anything else due to be overdone any minute, but lovin' them now (Marie Otereo also puts out a stamp sheet that has one of my all time fav birds). There was an extra goodie slipped in the envelope, some Christine Adolph rub-ons, so sweet - thanks Mar! She keeps a store blog where customers are updated on the latest she has in stock or on order, check it out: http://www.morningsunstudio.typepad.com/.

Speaking of books, I started a good one last night titled, The LAKE, The RIVER, and The OTHER LAKE by Steve Amick. This is a book about a loosely veiled fictitious resort town "up north" here in Michigan. I'm only into it by 83 pages but I have to say, having spent many summers in and around such a town and intimately knowing someone from one, this is not only right on but quite a hysterical comedy, so far a wonderful summer read (you'd really like this one Mary). Also in the middle of Cesar's Way by Cesar Millan, the national geographic channel's dog whisperer. Already picking up some good tips, he really understands dogs. Tips I'll be needing as poor Ernie is now so confused about not being able to go out in his backyard he had one of the only accidents he's ever had in the house here last evening. We're working on it, lots of walks!

Landscaping update: the entire site was excavated yesterday and I am really beginning to be able to visualize my new yard! Waiting on the guy who will install the sprinkler system today, and then the work will continue with planting, etc. I am told this will be completed by week's end, I am crossing my fingers that to be the case, I mean it's after 10am already?*!*$$$$

No comments: