Monday, June 05, 2006

Oh, what a feeling!


Nothing better than kicking off the flip flops and putting bare toes into the warm sand on the beach! Absolutely gorgeous 80 degree day today at Holland State Park on Lake Michigan which is less than 30 minutes from my house. Also a very interesting day as the beach and, from what I gathered campground, are both filled with high school graduates. Overheard ALOT, and have to say, not only did it bring back my own memories, but made me thankful my kids are past that stage of life, and we all survived it (and do not doubt for an instant my parents said the same back in 1975)!

2 comments:

katie said...

Lucky you!!! This sandy beach looks like it could be along the ocean, just beautiful.

mary boyer said...

The great lakes seem to be one of the best kept secrets, and I am very partial to Lake Michigan as my times there are full of very wonderful memories.